Tarot Symbolism Divination
Tarot Symbolism Divination by Robert M. Place
Tarot Symbolism Divination is a book by Robert M. Place that was first published in 1995. It is a comprehensive guide to the tarot, from the basics of the cards to advanced techniques of interpretation. The book is divided into three parts.
The first part, The History of the Tarot, provides a brief overview of the tarot’s history, from its possible origins in Egypt to its development in Europe. The second part, The Symbolism of the Tarot, discusses the meaning of the symbols on the tarot cards, both individually and in combination. The third part, Divination with the Tarot, provides instructions on how to use the tarot for divination.
Place’s book is well-written and easy to understand. He does a good job of explaining the tarot’s symbolism in a way that is accessible to beginners. The book is also packed with helpful illustrations, making it easy to visualize the cards and their meanings.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Tarot Symbolism Divination:
- Comprehensive and easy-to-understand
- Well-written and engaging
- Packed with illustrations
- Suitable for beginners and experienced readers alike
- Features the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck
- Some of the information may be outdated
- Not as in-depth as some other tarot books
Overall, Tarot Symbolism Divination is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in learning more about the tarot. The book is comprehensive and easy to understand, and it provides a solid foundation for understanding the tarot’s symbolism and interpretation.
If you are interested in learning more about the tarot, I recommend Tarot Symbolism Divination. It is a great place to start your journey into the world of tarot.
Here are some additional thoughts on the book:
- I appreciate that Place takes the time to discuss the history of the tarot, as well as its different interpretations. This helps to put the tarot in context and gives readers a better understanding of how it works.
- I also appreciate Place’s clear and concise explanations of the concepts and symbols taught in the book. He does a good job of breaking down complex topics into easy-to-understand terms.
- I also appreciate the book’s focus on the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck. This is a popular and well-respected deck that is perfect for beginners.
Overall, I think Tarot Symbolism Divination is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in learning more about the tarot. The book is well-written and easy to follow, and Place is a clear and engaging teacher. However, the book is a bit outdated, so you may want to supplement your reading with other books or resources.